Booking Your Event at Town Hall
Our Elevator is currently out of order – we apologize for the inconvenience. We are hoping that by Mid December it will be back up and running.
Glen Echo’s Town Hall is a warm, atmospheric and intimate venue for small concerts, dances, meetings and private events.
Rental rates vary. Town residents are allowed three free uses per year and are charged $25 for additional uses. Rates for non-residents vary from $50 to $500 per use, depending on the organization and event. All users must pay a $150 security deposit. Rental rates are listed here.
To view the calendar for available dates click here – please note that prior to sending in your application please review the rules and regulations below. Contact the Town Manager – 301-320-4041. Once you have booked your event at Town Hall, please print, complete, sign and mail the application, rental agreement form. – along with 2 checks (one for rental fees and a separate $150 security deposit). We need this to be submitted within 7 days of your reservation to guarantee your reservation.
Send the completed, signed form and checks, to Town Manager Nicole Ventura, Town of Glen Echo, 6106 Harvard Avenue – P.O. Box 598, Glen Echo, MD 20812.
Checks should be made payable to “The Town of Glen Echo.”
For additional information about booking Town Hall, please contact Town Manager
Nicole Ventura by email or telephone (301-320-4041).
Description, Deposit, & Fees
Effective July 1st 2014
The Glen Echo Town Hall is a small neighborhood venue. Capacity: 124 people
ADA accessible via elevator from first to second floor – the elevator is currently out of order.
ADA restroom located on second floor.
Equipped with: WiFi, screen, lectern and piano.
Parking: 10 spaces on site available after 5 p.m. weekdays; after 1 p.m. Saturdays; all day and evening Sundays.
Kitchen facility at back of room with refrigerator, sink and counter space, microwave, and pass-through counter. Folding tables and chairs available.
Set-up and clean-up are the responsibility of the user; there are no janitorial services available.
Fee Schedule for Using the Town Hall
All users must pay a $150 security deposit for each use.
|Town residents of Town of Glen Echo||Two free uses per year
$25 fee for each additional use
|Non-Resident of Town of Glen Echo||$50 per hour with a minimum of 3 hours.|
Rules & Regulations
All users of the Town Hall agree by their signatures on the
accompanying form (Application to Use the Glen Echo Town Hall and Release of Liability and Rental Agreement for Use of the Glen Echo Town Hall) to leave the Town Hall and its surroundings in a clean and undamaged condition. If any use of the Town Hall results in any damage to the building contents, or surroundings, that causes repair, cleaning or replacement amounting to costs in excess of $150, the user agrees to assume financial responsibility for those costs. In any case where costs resulting from such imprudent use are less than $150, the amount will be deducted from the $150 deposit. Some specific rules and regulations for responsible and prudent use, as well as general information, are outlined below:
- Consult the fee schedule for use of the Glen Echo Town Hall.
- The Town Hall capacity is 124. No more than 124 persons, including children, may be in the Town Hall at any time.
- No streamers, balloons, or other decorations shall be hung from the chandeliers.
- No decorations shall be attached to walls, floors, ceiling, or windows with permanent fasteners such as tacks, nails, staples, duct tape, etc.
- Pictures, photographs, etc. that are part of the Town Hall collection and hang permanently in the Hall shall not be removed by the user.
- The user of the Town Hall shall do the following before leaving:
- Remove any/all decorations placed by the user, including pieces of tape, fasteners, etc.
- In the Rest Rooms: Pick up all paper debris and wipe the sink and mirrors with paper towels. Empty waste baskets and replace the plastic liners.
- In the Kitchen Area: Remove left-overs from refrigerator and wipe up any spills there. Clean the sink and counter. Place all cans and bottles in the recycling bin. Wipe kitchen floor if anything was spilled. Wash and replace any dishes or utensils used.
- Pick up or sweep up all trash/debris from the main hall, landings, stairs, foyer, kitchen and rest rooms; place this debris in trash bags, and place the bags in the trash receptacles outdoors behind the Post Office. Put new plastic trash bags in all trash cans and waste baskets.
- Close and latch all windows, including those in the rest rooms.
- Turn off all water faucets (kitchen and rest rooms).
- Check everywhere, including window sills, for personal property.
- Clean all table tops and chair seats of any sticky residue.
- Check hall floor for any wet or sticky spills, and wipe them up with a damp paper towel or cloth.
- Turn off all lights, including those in the rest rooms.
- Lock the front door with the key provided; the door is not self-locking.
- Return the key as instructed when the key was obtained.
- Cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking are not allowed in the Town Hall. Any such smoking shall be done outside the building.For additional information about booking the Town Hall, please contact Town Manger Nicole Ventura.