Booking Your Event at Town Hall
Glen Echo’s Town Hall is a warm, atmospheric and intimate venue for small concerts, dances, meetings and private events.
Rental rates vary and are listed: Rental rates are listed here.
To view the calendar for available dates click here – please note that prior to sending in your application please review the Townhall Rules below. Contact the Town Manager- 301-320-4041. Once you have booked your event at Town Hall, please print, complete, sign and mail the Town Hall Rental Application – along with a check for rental fees and the separate $200 deposit check will be collected when you get the key for Town Hall. We need the rental fee check to be submitted within 7 days of your reservation request to guarantee your reservation.
Send the completed, signed form and check, to Town Manager Beth Boa, Town of Glen Echo, 6106 Harvard Avenue – P.O. Box 598, Glen Echo, MD 20812.
Checks should be made payable to “The Town of Glen Echo.”
For additional information about booking Town Hall, please contact Town Manager Beth Boa by email or telephone (301-320-4041).
Description, Deposit, & Fees
The Glen Echo Town Hall is a small neighborhood venue. Capacity: 124 people
ADA accessible via elevator from first to second floor – the elevator is not to be used as a freight elevator to move equipment.
ADA restroom located on second floor.
Equipped with: WiFi, screen, lectern and piano.
Parking: 10 spaces on site available after 5 p.m. weekdays; after 1 p.m. Saturdays; all day and evening Sundays.
Kitchen facility at back of room with refrigerator, sink and counter space, microwave, and pass-through counter. Folding tables and chairs available.
Set-up and clean-up are the responsibility of the user; there are no janitorial services available.
Fee Schedule for Using the Town Hall
All users must pay a $200 security deposit for each use.
Town Residents of Glen Echo:
- Personal Use (parties, celebrations, and events where no admission fee is charged by resident: $25.00 for up to 5 hours, and $10.00 per additional hour.
- Limited Professional Use (training classes, workshops, presentations, and the like where an admission fee is charged): $50.00 for up to 5 hours, and $10.00 per additional hour.
Non-Resident of Town of Glen Echo: $50 fee per hour with a minimum of 3 hours.
Allowable User Group (e.g. scouts, fire dept., NPS, and such other group that provide a benefit to residents of Town): $25.00 for up to 5 hours and $10.00 per additional hour.
Rules & Regulations
All users of the Town Hall agree by their signatures on the accompanying form (Application to Use the Glen Echo Town Hall and Release of Liability and Rental Agreement for Use of the Glen Echo Town Hall) to leave the Town Hall and its surroundings in a clean and undamaged condition. If any use of the Town Hall results in any damage to the building contents, or surroundings, that causes repair, cleaning or replacement amounting to costs in excess of $200, the user agrees to assume financial responsibility for those costs.
In any case where costs resulting from such imprudent use are less than $200, the amount will be deducted from the $200 deposit.
Rental Fees and Application are due within seven days after reservation request.
Cancellation Policy: 10 business days or greater Full Refund, less than 10 business days No Refund of Rental Fee will be provided
Some specific rules and regulations for responsible and prudent use, as well as general information, are outlined below:
- The Town Hall capacity is 124. No more than 124 persons, including children, may be in the Town Hall at any time. This includes vendors/entertainer etc
- Elevator use is only for ADA purposes and may not be used as a freight elevator to move equipment and other items. All renters must specifically request use of elevator and receive directions and key for operation.
- No streamers, balloons, or other decorations shall be hung from the chandeliers.
- No decorations shall be attached to walls, floors, ceiling, or windows with permanent fasteners such as tacks, nails, staples, duct tape, etc.
- Pictures, photographs, etc. that are part of the Town Hall collection and hang permanently in the Hall shall not be removed by the user.
- No parking for events in the Town Hall parking lot until after 5 pm Monday-Friday and after 1 pm on Saturdays. Parking is available in the Clara Barton parking lot off Oxford Rd.
No smoking, including vaping, is allowed in the Town Hall or on the premises.