Problems with Trash/Recycling? Call/email the Town Hall 301-320-4041 firstname.lastname@example.org (so we can track issues and follow up) and call Goode Companies (Miguel Saavedra email@example.com) at 240-278-2698
Curbside trash pick up – Tuesday and Friday
Curbside Yard Waste Pick-up – Monday
Curbside recycling pick up – Monday
Contact Miguel Saavedra
Picked up every Friday; includes furniture, toys and household “junk.”
2019 – Holiday Schedule for Trash & Recycling
New Years Day – Tuesday – Trash will be picked up on Friday (1 day only this week)
Memorial Day – Monday collection will be collected on Tuesday, Tuesday collection on Wednesday and Friday Collection on Saturday.
Recycling and yard waste – Tuesday
Trash – Wednesday
Trash and Bulk Trash – Saturday
Independence Day – Thursday – will not affect TOGE
Labor Day – Monday – Recycling & Trash will be picked up on Tuesday
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday – will not affect TOGE
Christmas Day – Wednesday – will not affect TOGE
Recycling: Commingled Paper, Glass, Metal & Plastics
- Newspaper and all advertising inserts
- Magazines and glossy paper products, mail order catalogs, etc.
- Cardboard: cereal boxes, packing boxes, etc. (Please flatten large cardboard boxes and set with/beside the bin.)
- Telephone books, paperback books
- Plain paper, unwanted mail, computer paper
- Glass: All jars and bottles (all colors).
- Metal: All aluminum and steel food and beverage cans and aluminum foil products such as balled foil wraps, and foil cookware. Please empty and rinse cans and foil products.
- Plastics: All plastic containers can be recycled. Please empty and rinse containers. No plastic bags or film.
Recycling bins are available by contacting the Town Clerk.
The following items will not be picked up in any circumstance:
- Refrigerators that have not been tagged – considered bulk metal (separate pickup)
- Hot water heaters
- Propane tanks
- Hazmat items (including chemicals, gas, oil, herbicides, pesticide, explosives, ext.)
- Paint or paint thinner/remover cans _unless completely empty
- Red bag items or medical waste
- Cooking grease
- Hot ash or coals
- Construction debris (includes drywall)
- Animal carcasses
- Human or animal waste
Metal items, such as, but not limited to, computers, washers, dryers, fireplace grates, bikes and file cabinets will not be picked up with regular curbside trash or with the monthly large bulk pick up. The Town may schedule one or more pick up dates for metal items. Contact the Town Clerk for further information.
Go to Montgomery County Solid Waste Services for information on hours & directions.